Saturday, October 15, 2011

I got up and made another peanut butter and banana smoothie and showered. Since it was Sunday, we chose to go to a non-denominational church with his friend Jones. It was a great service-such inspirational music, the service was very technologically advanced with screens, modern instruments, cool lights---didn't feel much like church, but very inspiring. The service started with 20 minutes of worshiping and then there was a guest speaker on cash flow. The speaker was great--talked about generosity and how subtraction in the world is something being removed, but in God's world subtraction means addition.Such a different perspective on generosity. He was very motivating!
After service we went to IHOP for breakfast and then  we were all off to the NC State Fair.
NC State Fair: reminded me of being at the Elkorn-Wisconsin State Fair. Had tons of animal barns-we went into the bunny, pig, donkey, cow barns, got an ear of corn, went on a few carnival rides--swings, ferris wheel, one that swung and spun, trick mirror fun house, and of course walked around alot past all the games they have. You could find anything and everything fried here: oreos, twinkies, Pb&J, snickers, funnel cakes, fried dough.....this list could go on and on.
There was one unique part of the fair and it was called Yesteryear---very old, colonial/pioneer part. I couldn't believe the furniture, crafts, and utensils were still being made like this---such old fashioned and culturally distinct art. It was much like a craft show--It was very neat to see pioneers at work. This area led into a botanical garden and also an apple festival--had a banjo playing, delicious apple cider, truly a pioneer village. This was prob my favorite part of the whole fair--such an authentic feel.
Then we back to the rides part of the fair, had some vanilla ice cream with peanut butter topping---not my favorite topping since it was rather grainy peanut butter. We went to a couple other animal barns and then it got dark and chilly so we decided to go.
Being at the fair made me feel like a kid again at the Wis state fair---just love the feeling of a fair.
One the way back I got to meet up with Kellie Conrad (BSU) at a local pub called Harrison's. We caught up talking and watching the Bears game. Josh and Jones were drinking a bit so I ended up driving us to Fayetteville.
Josh and I had an interesting ."conversation that evening since he was quite a bit intoxicated. He decided to tell me he likes me and wants us to date and asked me why I don't feel the same. Made me uncomfortable to be honest and he even insulted me a few times---I asked him to clarify to make sure I heard him correctly and he knew what he said---he was getting rude because I was turning him down, but claimed to understand. He kept saying "I'm going to completely be honest" and "Please be completely honest with me." I was annoyed thought and he knew it. I drove Jones to the barracks and got my stuff from his room and then we went to another Comfort Inn. He was being weird the whole night--kept rambling and then came and stood by my bed in the middle of the night. It creeped me out so I didn't sleep well that night.

No comments:

Post a Comment