Sunday, October 16, 2011

Woke up and went to breakfast-2 waffles with peanut butter, scrambled eggs, yogurt, and hard boiled egg (I guess I needed a lot of fuel from last night). Josh joined me about 15 minutes later and then we checked out and headed to the beach. We went to Myrtle beach in SC. It was about a 2.5 hour drive, but we had a beautiful day to do so. The sun was shining the whole day!! We talked/argued a bit along the drive. I was trying to get him to share his emotions while being sober, but it was a struggle. We also had different opinions concerning random topics and we are both  very defensive, head strong people so we had come heated conversations. But we know we both cared about each other.
We arrived at Myrtle Beach--such a cute little town surrounding it. Resorts, carnival rides by the ocean front--felt like I was in Florida. We parked and headed to the water. Such a perfect sunny, warm day! We went right to the sand, I laid out and Josh took a dip. I walked along the shoreline, soaking up every minute.
Josh joined me and questioned me why I wouldn't date him and what he promised if we did date. I honestly however, see Josh as a brother and explained this to him.
We stayed on the water until about 4PM or so and then went to get a bite to eat. We found a place on the water---got some shrimp (unfortunately we got some steamed and it had a lot of spicy pepper on it so I couldnt eat it :(   (my lips started to burn after seconds of trying it--I hate being so sensitive). I got some shrimp cocktail instead which was much much better! We each had a grouper salad which was very good! Great fish-quite meaty, but tasty.
Then we went to get some ice cream at the Breyers Place--wow the best I've ever had. I got a scoop of pumpkin and sugar-free vanilla. Wow the pumpkin was to die for! We talked to the sweet ice cream man about local attractions and he told us about Broadway @ the Beach (little place not far from there which had an outdoor mall).
We decided to walk walk there--only about a mile down and we found it no problem! Wow it was indeed awesome! Had so many awesome restaurants (Senor Frogs, Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville, Kiss, Johnny Rockets, tons of ice cream/yogurt places), souvenir shops (Josh bought my parents some funny t-shits), a bridge to walk across with tons of crazy/hungry catfish. They were all lurking around the bridge because they probably get fed. There were hundreds on top of one another.
We walked around looking at all the neat stores, statues--what a fun place to end our trip!
There was even a mini golf place too and we played a round. It was an 18-hole Dragon course! We were very competitive but had a lot of fun too! By the end of the course you have climbed through the castle!
Then we went to King Kong Sushi for a rainbow Roll, California roll, he tried sea urchin, and I had unagi. It wasn't the best sushi, but it was alright.
Then we decided to drive toward Feyetteville to be closer to the airport. Both of us were exhausted. We found a Days Inn about 15 minutes from the airport and we were both out like lights.

No comments:

Post a Comment