On my Fall break, Josh Steele invited me to come visit him in Fayetteville, NC. Super stoked since I hadn't been to NC before, I decided to go. Matt Wells drove me to the airport. I flew to Atlanta, had a 30 min layover, and then off to Feyetteville. I had to wait about an hour before Josh could pick me up. It was a very small airport-only a few gates and terminals-bigger than HHI though. I jumped into Josh's Cadillac and headed with him to Fort Bragg. Fort Bragg is huge! Its its own community inside the gate (where I had to show ID with Josh to enter)---they had their own gas stations, restaurants, grocery stores, shops, fast food chains--I was amazed!
He drove me around Post to his Baracks. These were a little nicer than where he stayed in Seattle (Fort Lewis ones). He has a little kitchenette here (sink, fridge, table and 2 chairs, microwave, a few cabinets), bathroom which he shared with one other guy, and private bedroom. His room was a bit smaller (1/2 size) of the Fort Lewis one but super clean. Josh is very clean so everything was very organized and immaculate.
I dropped off my things in his room and then went to go meet a couple of his friends. Jones and Sulley (both in his platoon) lived 3 floors down so we just went to their room and since they were going to the fair that weekend they talked us into going too.
I was a bit hungry so Josh quickly whipped up a peanut butter and banana smoothie for me which was delicious!!! I could have eaten one of these everyday until I die and would be totally ok with that! Mmmmmmmmm! Then off to the fair.
It took about 2.5 hours to get to Raleigh, NC where the NC State Fair was--made it just in time for fireworks! The ticket booths were closed though so we couldn't enter so we ended up watching the fireworks and meeting up with his friends outside the fair and then went to some bars. We went to a few Irish pubs and Josh and I were pretty hungry so we ran over to a grill and do some dinner--I had hummus and pita bread and a turkey/cucumber sandwich with sweet potato mash!! Mmmmm
We stayed out until 1AM-ish so boy was I tired, but the pubs were very neat. On the wall there was a list of different beers--probably 40 different kinds which they had on tap--I have never seen so many on tap before.
Then Josh and I went to the Comfort Inn about 45 min away and fell asleep instantaneously.
No comments:
Post a Comment